Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list, but rather to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
Provide pediatric dental services including Hospital Dentistry to Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. patients.
Keep current with new techniques relating to all aspects of the dental field and related areas.
Maintain clear channels of communication with all staff.
Coordinate and supervise staff functions and duties during patient care.
Participate in the annual review and update of the Dental Policy and Procedure Manual.
Participate in the development and proposal of new dental policy with Dental Director.
Keep the Lead R.D.A. abreast of current activities and situations within the Dental Department.
Actively attend Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc. clinic staff meetings, and participate on Medical Staff Committees as assigned.
Maintain good rapport with the Native American community.
Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
1. Graduate of an accredited United States Dental School.
2. Current California State license to practice dentistry.
3. Have completed an accredited graduate program in Pediatric Dentistry with resulting certificate or M.S. Degree.
4. Current DEA Controlled Substance registration.
5. Two (2) years experience in private practice or clinical practice of Pediatric Dentistry.
6. California Radiation Safety certificate.
7. Current CPR certification.
8. Valid California driver’s license and proof of personal automobile insurance.
9. Indian Preference. Preference in filling vacancies will be given to qualified Indian applicants in accordance with Indian Preference Act (Title 25, U.S. Code Section 472 & 473). In other than the above, Northern Valley Indian Health, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer.