Laboratory Technician/Analyst at Weck Laboratories
City Of Industry, California
Sample preparation and analysis of environmental samples including water and soil. Perform chemical analysis by classical and instrumental techniques. Maintenance of lab instrumentation and record-keeping of analysis documentation. Use the LIMS and other software platforms to produce and enter analytical data. Follow strict QA/QC protocols.
* Extract aqueous and solid matrix samples prior to analysis within the inorganic and organic sections by instrumental techniques such as ICP, ICP-MS, GC/MS, LC/MS, etc.
* Use of laboratory glassware and equipment, including balances, volumetric instruments, micro syringes, etc.
* Preparation of standards and solutions.
* Analyze samples using autoanalyzers and other instrumental and/or classical techniques.
* Follow detailed procedures described in the Company's Standard Operating Procedures and analytical methods.
* Be able to work in a team environment.
* Maintain laboratory documentation related to job performed.
* Ability to communicate with other chemists, project managers, QA Officer and other personnel.
* Perform routine maintenance on laboratory instruments and glassware.